HE REGION OF ŁOSOSINA DOLNA.
The region of Łososina Dolna is one of the most attractive regions of southern Poland. It is beautifully described in a poem written by one of the folk poets, Anna Kocoń. Gmina Łososina Dolna is located in the east side of the Beskid Wyspowy. The St. Just Mount (486 m o.s.l) divides the area of the gmina into the Łososinka River Valley and the Dunajec River Valley. The beautiful landscape is varied by a number of hills. Jaworz ( 921m) and Chełm (789m) create the Łososinskie Range. Besides those ones, the most picturesque are the tops of Ostra (455m), Witkówka (471m) and Sadowa (490m). The main river of the area is the Łososinka River that flows through the center of the gmina. One of the important elements of the area is the main route connecting Nowy Sacz with Cracow. The Rożnowskie Lake makes the gmina`s east boundary. Our place is small but it is worth visiting and see how the past alters with the present.
AN OUTLINE OF ŁOSOSINA HISTORY.
The original name of the village was Jakubkowice. It was first mentioned in the records dating back to 1304. In 1339, the village received the German Law from Jadwiga, the Queen of Poland. At the same time, the Queen ordered to build a church on generously given land and adjacent property. During the Medieval times Jakubkowice governed other smaller villages such as: Łączne, Sadowa and Zawadka. There were many administrators of Jakubkowice village such as: Pietrasz from Roćmirowa, Prandora, Beata, Warcisław and Jadwiga from Odunowo. Between 1387 and 1400 the owner of the village was the Wlodkow family. Since 1470 Jakubkowice was owned by Klaryski Convent located in Stary Sacz. In the late 1470`s the village was taken over by Jan Wiernek Gaboński from Bilsko and successfully passed to other families dwelling the area. The attempt to establish Łososina as a town failed. In the years 1505 to 1506, Jan from Wiatrowice Wiktor bought a part of Jakubkowice from the temporary owner, Jan from Dymlin Dymliński. In 1529 the administrator of Jakubkowice was Jan Wilamowski and between 1564 and 1581 Stanisław Wiktor. The seventeenth century brought a division of the nobility properties. The next century brought further divisions and the land of Łososina was governed by several families such as: the Osiecki family, the Sędzimir Stadnicki family, the Taszycki family, the Bułakowski family, the Zaremba and the Głębocki families. This continued until nineteenth century when the village with adjacent lands was taken over by the Pieniążek family. Between 1828 and 1835, Jakubkowice was owned by Maciej Kazimierz Przychocki and successfully by his descendants. The last owner of the village was Maria Przychocka with her husband Adam Dunikowski. till 1945. After the Second World War, Jakubkowice changed its name into Łososina Dolna. Today, Łososina Dolna is the seat of the local authority governing the village and adjacent countries.
OUR SCHOOL`S PATRON
Our school is going through a process which main goal is to acquire the name of the Pope, John Paul II. The ceremony is planned to take place in May but it has been proceeded by many actions connected with this celebration. Since September the school management has undertaken many steps to make the school community desire become true. The Pope corners have been organized by each class and additional ones prepared by our teachers. They are displayed in the classrooms as well as in the halls. In a day of celebration, in front of the school, the commemorating plate is going to be installed. During the school year the teachers have organized various competitions connected with the theme of the Pope. The first to take place was the Art Competition which was willingly attended by a large number of our students. The Portraits of the Pope were great and it was very difficult to award the best ones because all of them deserved the first prize. In our school schedule there are also other events aimed at developing the students` conciousness regarding the Pope`s life and activities. The nearest one is the competition demanding deep knowledge about our future patron. It is going to take place in March. Once again many students were very keen to participate in it. In connection with forthcoming celebration, the reciting competition of religious poems is going to be organized. As soon as the weather condition improves, there are many trips included in the schedule. According to the plan, the trips will cover all the places which were former homes of the Pope, including Wadowice and Cracow. In connection with the whole process, our school representatives made a journey to the Vatican. The journey was aimed at receiving the Pope`s blessing in return of which our representatives handed the school`s history and beautifully carved album including photographs and signatures of the teaching staff and the students. Because of the Pope`s health problems, our counterparts were not able to meet the Pope face to face. However, they were able to participate in the general audience taking place in the Assembly Hall of John Paul II. Our friends had an opportunity and a pleasure to visit the most magnificent places of Rome and the Vatican. They returned tired but moved and excited.
THE NAME BESTOWAL CELEBRATION
On the 12th May 2005 our school was named after a great patron Pope John Paul II. The celebration had been carefully prepared by both teachers and students of our school.long before the special day took place. Poems, dramas and our patron`s biography altered with music and songs. The celebration was attended by the archbishop of Tarnów Diocese Wiktor Skworc and many other eminent guests. The day of the celebration was established by the Teachers` Board as a school holiday.
AESOP`S DRAMA GROUP.
Children and teachers form a large family which is called School. In this family all steps should be taken to create wide range of opportunities to develop talents and creativity of young people. To give our students the chance and pleasure to take part in a great adventure called Drama, we have formed Aesop`s Drama Group. Through Drama our students develop their imagination, increase self-confidence, strengthen their social skills by working collaboratively and what is most important, they master the basicEnglish skills. The group meets to explore Drama and have fun on Fridays from 11.00 a.m. to 1 p.m. in our school. The group is led by our English teachers Mrs.Magdalena Bryniak and Mrs. Jolanta Drogoś . The first play we presented was The Lion and the Mouse by Aesop. We performed it to say good bye to our sixth graders leaving Primary School in June. Although we do not have any records of our performance ( no photos or recordings) we are very proud of it because it was the first successful step in the area of Drama. The first semester of a school year 2004/2005 was very busy. Our goal was to prepare and perform Christmas play based on the story of Santa Claus. We called it “Santa Claus is coming to town” . The team worked very hard. It was great to see 40 young and boisterous people collaborating like small ”cogs in a big wheel”. All involved with the Christmas play “ Santa Claus is coming...” believed that this event would be the main performance of the school year. Our work was enriched by the accompaniament of a musical band from Państwowa Wyższa Szkoła Zawodowa in Nowy Sącz. We hope that Kasia Bochenek (saxophone, vocal) Beata Hajduk (choir conductor, vocal) Rafał Mordarski (guitar ) and Jasiu Rosiek (bass guitar) enjoyed their time with us and that they would agree to cooperate with us in the near future.Their hard work had a real impact on our Christmas` play success. Christmas songs were amazing. It was an opportunity for our young performers to show their talents and we hope that they will feature again soon. The winter break is the perfect time to rest and gather more energy for our future work. Our plans are connected with uncoming Mother`s Day which is to take place in May. We don`t want to reveal any details about the performance, but we hope that everybody will enjoy it.
EUROPEAN CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION
On 22nd December 2005, students of our school invited the whole school society to experience the annual Christmas Celebration that proceeded the school Christmas Eve. The celebration was meant to be European in character. The first part of the performance was in Polish and it was prepared by Celina Kołodziej and Piotr Klóska, our religion teachers. The second part was the Nativity Play performed in English by the School Drama Group directed by Magdalena Bryniak and Jolanta Drogoś, our English teachers. The audience was presented with a great opportunity to check the comprehension of English language. The Christmas spirit was shared by everyone that day.The first Christmas greetings were passed on by our principal Mr. Zbigniew Rusnak and our Parson Antoni Myjak, and they were accompanied by the concert of Polish carols prepared by Mrs. Małgorzata Wygoda with our school choir Kamerata that was followed by English Christmas songs. They were performed by the drama group band directed by Mr. Rafał Mordarski.